Guidance Office fax Number - 864-507-4120
Guidance and Counseling Program Mission Statement
The mission of Liberty Middle School's counseling program is to provide services that support the education of each student academically, socially, and emotionally.
To achieve this mission we provide services such as:
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Classroom Guidance Lessons
- Academic skills support
- Organizational, study and test-taking skills
- Education in understanding self and others
- Coping strategies
- Peer relationships and effective social skills
- Communication, problem-solving, decision-making and conflict resolution
- Career awareness, exploration and planning
- Referrals to outside agencies to assist families in need
- Crisis counseling
- Consultation/Collaboration with teachers, school administration, school psychologists, and social workers
It is important that your child attend school on a regular basis to ensure academic success. If your child needs to be absent due to illness, etc. an excuse must be turned into the main office within three days of the child returning to school.
Registration Policies and Procedures
The following information is required at registration:
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residence: current electric, gas, water, cable, or satellite TV bill
- Immunization: As of August 2013, all 7th graders are required to have had the Tdap vaccine before being able to attend school. Certificates of immunization can be obtained from the Pickens County Health Department at 200 McDaniel Avenue in Pickens or from a private physician. Out of state residents have 30 days to acquire this certificate.
- Withdrawal papers from previous school
- Custody papers: In the case of divorce, only the custodial parent is allowed to enroll the student. Documentation of custody must be provided.
Other information that would be helpful:
- current or last report card
- standardized test scores
- any medical concerns
- free/reduced lunch form
A student will not be considered withdrawn unless a parent or guardian completes the necessary paperwork. At the time of withdrawal all books and materials must be returned; all fines, lunch fees, etc. must be paid.